I.T. professional with 20 years of software development skills spanning 45+ applications.
Experienced with projects in all phases of software development life cycle (SDLC):
planning, analysis, design, implementation, and maintenance. A self-starter and team
player focused on achieving results.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Operating Systems: Windows 2000 – Windows 10, Windows Server 2003-2012, Ubuntu (Debian Linux), Android
Database Systems: Microsoft SQL Server (MS-SQL) 2000-2012, Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Interbase, Firebird, Sybase ASE, Dataease
Programs: Delphi 1 – 10 Seattle, C++ Builder 3-4, Erwin, ModelMaker, Git DVCS, Mercurial, Subversion, JIRA, SSRS, SSIS, VMware
Technologies: ADO, ADO.NET, Microsoft COM/DCOM, .NET FCL, ASP.NET, TCP/IP, SSL/TLS, SSH, LDAP, IIS Applications, ISAPI filters, Web Services
Skills: SDLC, OOP/OOD, Data Modeling, ETL, Agile, Scrum, TQM
Miller Development Services, Software Consultant, 12/2009 – Present
* Created POS and contract management software for wireless phone services company.
* Engineered POS application for child care business.
* Developed Windows and web applications through SDLC to manage I.T. outsourcing company by intaking request tickets, scheduling technicians, and performing invoicing, accounting and inventory management.
* Developed analysis, prospects, and sales application for aircraft parts refurbishment.
* Published IIS web software for nonprofit organizations to track and manage clients served and measure the organizations’ service performance.
* Delivered HEAT, an application to schedule and quote fire extinguishing system inspections and repairs.
* Migrated SQL Server 2000 installation to SQL Server 2008 R2.
* Interpreted client interviews into solutions in a time and cost sensitive environment.
Caliber Home Loans, Senior Portfolio Analyst, 03/2016 – Present
* Engineered SSIS solutions to integrate third party data from file and SOAP services into corporate databases.
* Published formal and ad-hoc business analytics SSRS and Excel reports for C-level senior executives.
WideOrbit, Software Developer, 11/2015 – 03/2016
* Analyzed and implemented solutions for software solution comprised of over 5 million lines of code. N-Tier TCP/IP system comprised of complex algorithms and strong OOD utilizing technologies such as DLLs, multi-threading, custom messaging and ActiveX.
* Enhanced application processes, user interfaces, and reports, e.g. revenue report, according to customer requests.
Dyck-O’Neal, I.T. Solutions Engineer, 12/2009 – 10/2015
* Developed pre-collections screening applications in Delphi to replace legacy DOS applications fundamental to the business.
* Delivered assets due diligence application for managing and grading acquisitions.
* Developed automated procedures related to serving loans, e.g. interest and late fee accrual and payment processing, via stored procedures, triggers, and SSIS packages.
* Composed over 300 SSRS reports covering portfolio ROI, collections performance, legal costs, consumer and business letters, bankruptcy activities and more.
* Trained team in the use of T-SQL and composing reports using SSRS.
Fluke Networks, Product Engineer, 02/2007 – 12/2009
* Maintained and enhanced application suite which interfaced with Fluke testing equipment to record, track and grade communication lines.
* Implemented proprietary protocol for modem to voice telephony system allowing field technicians to capture test results and upload to standard voice response systems.
* Adhered to strict attention to detail given the nature of the software and worldwide customer base.
RamQuest, Software, Senior Software Engineer, 06/2003 – 08/2005
* Provided creative input into the direction of development of the primary application responsible for closing real estate transactions.
* Developed new ActiveX plug-in modules to expand the application’s functionality.
* Served as lead designer and sole developer for a scheduling application with familiar Outlook look and feel (drag ‘n drop, appointment stretching, viewing resource busy schedules when planning, and more), single and recurring appointments, email
notifications, and alarms.
* Trained developers on the latest software engineering techniques and provide ongoing mentoring through software development life cycles.
Omega Airline Software, Lead Software Engineer, 03/2001 – 06/2003 (full time), 8/2005 – 12/2010 (contract)
* Designer, team lead and mentor for development team of 6 developers in the conversion and upgrading of an existing aircraft maintenance scheduling software suite (AMES) based on dBase to a modern Windows N-tier TCP/IP system.
* Delivered N-tier TCP/IP server services include data access resolution, database metadata versioning and comparison, system locking, network messaging and event notification, and user management. User security supported 3 models: name/password, Integrated Windows Authentication, and LDAP.
* Designed and developed issue tracking system utilizing SOAP web services. Clients were ASP.NET web app and desktop Windows issue submission wizard.
* Created web based AMES administration application allowing system administrators to centrally manage an AMES workgroup.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
University of Texas at Dallas, Dallas, Texas, 1996
Park University, Parkville, Missouri, 1993-1995
Bachelor of Science (Magna Cum Laude), Major: Computer Science
Community College of the Air Force, Maxwell Air Force Base, Alabama, 1989-1993
Associate in Applied Science, Major: Electronic Systems Technology